Thursday 12 May 2016

What's all this, then?

So what am I doing here blogging about Football? Why does my opinion even matter, I've never played football professionally, I've never reffed a game, and I've never studied sports in school or college, so no, my opinion isn't of any higher value than your own, but I'm a fan, and you are too, or otherwise you're just incredibly lost right now and I'm surprised you got this far reading this paragraph, But yes, If you're a fan of football, then you probably think highly of your opinion of the beautiful game, and why not? Fan's know everything. Football "experts" on Sky Sports are living proof that anyone can have an opinion, and everyones opinion is worth something, even theirs, especially theirs, they get paid for theirs. Not that I'm disrespecting their views on football, it's just that I don't think their two cents is worth any more than your average Steve who you bump into at the pub on match day.

But I do enjoy writing, I don't do it too often, and I like working on projects, I'm a nightmare for it, I'm always having ideas, always coming up with something new. So with this blog, these are my ideas for the next month or so.


MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER
I plan to increase my knowledge of leagues outside of England, the MLS is fastly rising, so together I think it would be fun to learn about the clubs that are involved in this league, and their history, even if they appear to not have much history, for example, Orlando City SC was founded two years ago, but holds a 61,348 capacity stadium, and has a Brazilian world cup winner in the squad. We need to do our homework on this league, so expect an MLS report from week to week.


TRANSFER WINDOW

Who's going where? The premier league is all over, and it's time for the newspapers of England to play with our feelings, is your favourite player leaving? is your club going to spend 100 million? I'm not saying that I'm going to cover every transfer going on, but I plan to blog about the transfers that interest me over the summer. That's all we really have to do in the summer, but it's okay because this summer is special because we have....

EURO 2016 FRANCE!
On June 10th, we get a month long football fest, which in England, is a cure to end of season blues, I'll be blogging about any interesting build up, previews, and reviews of certain matches. All the fall out, and all the glory. As an England fan, I'm pretty excited about the team we have this this time, and I think we could get a taste of that glory if the spirit from Leicester FC winning the Premier league transfers over. More on that later! but you dont' have to be an England fan to read my blog, I'll try my best to keep it unbiased.

AT THIS EARLY STAGE

This blog is two days old, so these are the three ideas I want to run with, I'll be blogging about sackings, stadium refits, new kits, and of course what footballers are doing on their pre season tours, I hear Leciester are going back to Thailand, good luck guys!

Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you check back and find something that you like in the near future. If you want to help me out, then share this post, or leave a comment. I'm happy to talk football with anyone, so don't be shy. Until next time.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mailing List